Setup and Usage Instructions for Group Licenses
These are detailed setup instructions that take you from the first
steps right through to viewing and comparing individual and group results.
Tip: Bookmark, add this page to your favorites
or print this page now so you can refer easily to these instructions.
These are the steps after you've reviewed the
Instructor Information page (if you
- Validate yourself as an instructor
- Set up your groups
- Optional - order and apply your volume license key
- Ask users to do the test
- View and compare user and group results
- Check your Volume License Usage and Balance
Validate yourself as an Instructor
Here's how to get validated first:
- Do the learning styles test yourself.
- On the user profile form, be sure to complete it and specify your occupation as "Teacher",
"Academic", or "Instructor/Coach". Note - you don't need to worry about the group field yet.
- Once you've viewed your results, go to the user menu, then click the
option "Validate Instructor###"
- Review the terms, check the verification checkbox and submit.
- Congratulations, you are now
Set up your groups
- If necessary, log out and back in after you have validated your
- You will now see an option in your user
menu for "Managing your groups." Click this link to go to the group management page.
- Add a group using the form on this management page.
- Repeat for each group you want to add. You can add as many Free
groups as you like.
- Be sure to specify a unique
group identifier. Also, set a password to ensure that only entitled users
can access your group. If you do not set a password, other users may be
able to add themselves to your group. If you have a paid group license,
this will result in charges to your volume account.
- You can add as many groups as you like, however there is a per-group
charge for the Basic and Standard group licenses.
Optional - Order and apply your volume license
Both you and your users will get access to more features using the paid
group licenses. If you plan to use the paid options, follow these steps. If
you already have a volume license key (eg from an offer or if provided to
you by your organization), skip to Apply the Volume License Key to your
Order the license from the Memletics.com Store:
- Work out your user number requirements and review the
Memletics Volume License
page to choose your volume license option. There is also a
to help you work out the best option.
- Order the appropriate Volume License product (Volume Account or Site
License). Credit card orders are
instant, however other payment options are available.
- Once you have paid for your license, download, save and open the
volume license document (PDF) from the Memletics.com download manager
(link on your order details page). This will
contain your volume license key.
- Go to the Memletics.com Store and click the
Volume Manager link at the bottom of the page to set up your
volume license. Be sure to select the LSO product options at the bottom
of the page. If you do not want your users to order other Memletics
products using your volume license, deselect those products. Save the
- Go to the LSO Group Management page
in LSO (link from the User Menu).
- Click Edit next to a group
you want to upgrade. Choose the group license level and enter the volume
license key. Click Save.
- If you already have users in the group, click the users link. Select
the users to upgrade, then click save. Note that new users will
automatically receive the new license level.
You can start using the free option to get users starting to do
the test while you go through the process of ordering. You can then apply
the group license to your groups when you have it, and the necessary charges
will be made. Users however won't have access to the features of the paid
group licenses (eg they will need to enter an email address, they will see
ads, they won't be able to compare results etc)
Ask people to do the test
You have two options:
- Click the link titled "Link" next to the group on the
group management page. This will provide you with a URL. Copy
and paste the URL into an email and send to the people you want to have complete the
- Tell your group members to come to the website, do the inventory, and specify the group
identifier and password they should enter on their user profile page.
Note: If the user provides a group ID, they do not need to enter an email
address. While they can do the test without an email address (and you can
see their results), they won't be able to log in later.
View and Compare user and group results
- After a few people have completed the inventory, log in to the inventory area and go to the group management page.
- Click the "Results" link next to the group to view the group results.
If you have upgraded the group license, you will have access to various
Note: Group averages take up to 24 hours to recalculate.
Check your Volume License Usage and Balance
To check your volume license usage and remaining balance:
- Go to the Memletics.com Store and click the
Volume Manager link at the bottom of the page. This takes you to
your volume manager.
- View the balance remaining on this page.
- Click the events link to check volume account usage.
If you have further questions please